A development program sits alongside the school’s policy for ICT. It explains in item the parallel developments that will necessitate to take topographic point in order to accomplish the vision together with the intended timeframe.
The ICT development program will necessitate to specify the key interrelated countries of development necessary to accomplish a successful ICT scheme.
These cardinal countries are likely to include the development of resources ( substructure and digital content ) . professional development ( ICT usage and teaching method ) . and course of study development ( ICT capableness and ICT usage in topics ) . The development usage of ICT for disposal is a separate consideration. Ofsted describes good ICT development programs as 1s which “take a strategic position of developments in staff expertness. resources and course of study and seek to aline these. ”
The ICT development program should turn to:
1. Where are we now? An audit of course of study. criterions of accomplishment. appraisal. resources. Staff development. and teacher expertness and an analysis of the current state of affairs. The Supported School Self Evaluation ( SSSE ) procedure will assist to place strengths and failings in ICT.
2. Where are we traveling? The vision of what ICT will look like in your school in 4 old ages clip.
3. How are we traveling to acquire at that place? Targets and results. which are consistent with the National Grid for Learning. and the school’s development program.
The ICT Curriculum Support Team can besides help schools in transporting out reappraisals of IT proviso and composing development programs. policies and strategies of work
DfES Standards Fund NGfL counsel ( as described by Becta ) sets out the countries to be covered in schools’ ICT development programs. These are: • how the
school will utilize ICT to assist raise educational criterions by heightening the bringing of the National Curriculum • in primary schools: the program should show how ICT will lend to the accomplishment of marks set by the school for betterments in the figure of kids accomplishing degree four and above in mathematics and English and what usage will be made of counsel from the National Numeracy and Literacy Strategy on utilizing ICT to learn more efficaciously • in secondary schools: the program should bespeak how the schools will utilize ICT to back up developments under the Key Stage 3 Strategy for ICT including the heightening the school capacity to utilize ICT for learning and appraisal
• how investing in ICT will be coordinated with run intoing the professional development demands of its instructors. including through the return up of preparation chances funded by the New Opportunities Fund ( NOF ) • how the school will incorporate the usage of ICT for school direction and disposal intents by following the criterions set out in the DfES Information Management Strategy ( IMS ) • how the school’s ICT installations will be made available for usage out of normal school hours by students and for community intents
• how ICT will be used to advance inclusion. for illustration by back uping students with particular educational demands and by developing home-school links ( including the development of a school web site ) • puting out the school’s policy for the acceptable usage of ICT. including unafraid entree to the Internet • an audit of degrees of fiting. web usage and instructor development presently being undertaken • puting out the school’s policy for pull offing. developing and prolonging its ICT proviso. including accommodation/access issues • agreements for proficient support • the safe and environmentally friendly disposal of equipment.
Becta identifies four elements to an ICT development program
• the ICT audit
• purposes and aims
• the execution program
Plans should be devised as a consequence of scrutinizing current pattern in ICT and placing precedences for development. Plans should hold clear. agreed purposes and aims that describe the school’s vision for ICT. The program should hold a timescale. be costed. show duties and be evaluated. Targets should be specific. mensurable. accomplishable. realistic and timed ( SMART ) .
A Sample Development Plan is shown in the papers:
Vaulting horses Sample School Development Plan for ICT
Procedures for how the twenty-four hours to twenty-four hours administration of the program will work are best separated from the policy. It is common for a school ICT policy to hold the chief messages swamped by regulations and procedural issues. Procedures. counsel. regulations and other operational affairs should be placed in a enchiridion
The checklist shown below can be utile in assisting to explicate your development program and could besides be used during the one-year School Improvement program reappraisal procedure:
ICT Development Plan Review – Checklist